Tuesday Dinner: Homemade Pepperoni Pizza (Under $4)
I feel so proud of myself tonight!!! I made Pepperoni Pizza from Scratch!!
I found this recipe on 5DollarDinners.com for Homemade Pepperoni Pizza, but I didn’t have a bread machine, pizza stone or rolling pin so I had to tweak it a bit.
Pizza Dough Ingredients
1 cup water
1-2 T EVOO (extra virgen olive oil!) ($.05)
3 cup flour ($.35)
1 packet yeast ($.33)
1 t salt
1 T Italian seasoning ($.05)
1 t sugar ($.02)
Here’s how you can do it. (Using her recipe & My technique)
- Preheat the Oven to 350 Degrees.
- Line 2 pans with aluminum foil
- Get out a large Bowl and mix the Pizza Crust Ingredients
- Kneed the dough into a circle as thin as you can do by hand
- Place on foil and make edges by pinching sides
- Take Spaghetti Sauce and coat the dough (or tomato sauce)
- Take Shredded Cheese and coat the top
- Place Pepperoni slices all over the pizza
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
It’s so easy, prep was like less than 10 minutes and I just had to go back and cut it when it was done. (I made 2 personal pizzas instead of 1 large because all I had were the baking sheets) And it was so filling the two of us only ate 1, so we have the other for lunch tomorrow.
(Top Pic is before cooking, Bottom is after)